January 08, 2013

Cajun Grilled Veggies

Now don't let the title fool you. I am no Cajun cook, but I LOVE using Tony's Creole Seasoning on my veggies and meat! They give them a little zing and mouthwateringness that other spices don't have. 
For Christmas my wonderful boyfriend bought me a miniature grill, so I decided to try it out with the veggies!

Ingredients:
1/2 large zucchini

1/2 large squash
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 Tbsp Tony's Creole Seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
(PP+1 per serving)

Thinly slice the zucchini, squash and bell peppers and place in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil and seasoning, then place on grill. Cook until the vegetable "meat" is soft.

I like my grilled vegetables to be slightly "burned" (I can't think of any other term for it), since it adds some more flavor and delciousness to the vegetable.

I placed my vegetables in an Orowheat Sandwich Pocket Thin with a slice of cheese to make a scrumptious sandwich! (PP+5)




No comments:

Post a Comment