January 11, 2013

Grilled Veggies with Baked Potato

So this morning my wonderful boyfriend and I went on a 2 mile run, and when we got back we made lunch. It hit the spot!! I had only veggies and a baked potato while he had some chicken with his meal. I simply tossed the vegetables in some olive oil, coated them in some Tony's seasoning then plopped them on the grill and let it do the rest! It turned out wonderfully.

Ingredients:
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 large portobello mushrooms, cut in half
1 bunch of asparagus
1 cup chopped okra
2 Tbsp olive oil
Tony Chachere's Seasoning
2 small potatoes
PP+5 (for half of the vegetables and one potato)


Toss the vegetables in the olive oil, then season as desired. Place the okra in an aluminum foil "bowl" (place the foil on the grill).
Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven (around 350-400 F) for 30ish minutes, or until the potato is soft and tender.
Place the vegetables on the grill and cook! I kept the burners around medium temperature, depending on how quickly the veggies were cooking. The bell peppers were places on a burner set to high since they generally take longer to cook.
 I like to cook my veggies until they are slightly "burned" and soft. The okra was ready when it was soft.

 My cute little griller :)

No comments:

Post a Comment