February 08, 2013

Vegetable Quesadillas

So I was scrolling through pinterest yesterday when I came across a vegetable quesadilla recipe that inspired the one I came up with! It turned out delicious.

Ingredients:
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 garlic clove (chopped)
1/2 green bell pepper (sliced)
3 small sweet peppers (I used red, yellow and orange- sliced)
1 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp taco seasoning (I made my own from this recipe)
1 large tortilla (I used Mission's Carb Smart large tortilla)
*optional 1/3 mashed avocado and 1/4 cup refried beans*

Makes 2 servings
PP+ 4 per serving

Cook all of the pre-cut vegetables with the olive oil. When vegetables are almost tender, add the water and taco seasoning, stir and continue cooking until the water is gone and vegetables are tender.
Then place the vegetables on one half of the tortilla, along with the cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
Spray both sides of the tortilla with cooking spray, then either cook on a grill or in a skillet until the tortilla is browned and the cheese is melted.
 Remove from the heat and serve with avocado and refried beans (if desired!)




No comments:

Post a Comment